Sunday, February 21, 2010

Another Man's Treasure

I've finally found justification to be a pack rat.  A North Carolina woman recently sold an original Nintendo system and 5 games on Ebay for upwards of $13,000.  This will never be my luck, although I did sell a Michael Jackson 1988 tour jacket for $ 80.00 on Ebay once. (I paid $ 3.00 for it at a Goodwill store in Lenoir, NC).  Ever since I "flipped" the jacket for a profit, and especially since Jackson died, my dad thinks that anyone who owns a copy of Thriller is now an instant millionaire.   He may be on to something - there are only 110 million copies of Thriller known to exist.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I found another justification for buying a Wii Guitar Hero. Save it for 19 years and it will be worth thirteen grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish they hadnot bull dosed the old trailer down...I think mine was still in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to get a hold of that Super Mario 3. That's a game that I know how to play. Two dimensional and low-res graphics. I spent many, many hours playing that game. Of course it was quite an improvement from my green screen Apple with the flashing DOS prompt.

    ReplyDelete